Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Connected!

The morning of the 28th, Roberto and I headed out to Palermo Hollywood to buy a cellphone. I figured, since I did not have neither home nor routine, this would be an important tool to keep me connected to the world around me–to start building a network of acquaintances. After all, I was building a life from scratch and I had no idea where to start. Also, it would help me tremendously with my job search. I chose the most basic plan and the cheapest phone, and Roberto helped me along with the procedure. We walked back home talking about clothing vocabulary as we passed by shop windows.

I decided to spend part of my afternoon at one of my favourite museums in Buenos Aires, which happened to be half-price on Wednesdays. MALBA (Museo de Arte Latinoamerico de Buenos Aires) has a great collection of modern Latin American art (1900-present) and additionally hold exhibitions on contemporary artists. They also have a great giftshop with tons of art and design books in both English and Spanish.

Entrance to MALBA

A cool bench inside the museum

On my way to MALBA, I stopped for a stroll in the Jardín Japonés (Japanese Garden), an enclosed haven between busy boulevards.














An indispensible part of my visit to MALBA was a tarriance in the Café des Arts, the wonderful coffee shop and restaurant adjoining the museum, where you cannot help but feel sophisticated and classy as you sip your tea, or nibble on the hors-d'oeuvres.

Sitting on my padded chair in the outside terrace, I received my first Buenos Aires phone call. It was my ex-boyfriend, wanting to know if I wanted to get together some time in the evening. We set an hour in which he could meet me in front of my new apartment.




Mauricio and I took a nice stroll through Palermo. He showed me his apartment and we ended up in Plaza Serrano, having a drink outside at one of the busy bars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment