Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Back at Home

I came back willingly from Italy, acknowledging that it wasn't the right place for me at the time. That said, there are some things I miss about my soggiorno (stay) in Italy.

I miss ordering acqua frizzante (sparkling water) at restaurants, or simply buying bottles of it at the bar or tabaccheria (in Rome, many clerks would make sure that I knew I was getting water con gas. I guess they are used to getting a lot of North American tourists who buy sparkling water by mistake). I miss buying cheap wine at the grocery store and sharing it with other travelers. I miss my juicy, meaty balls of mozzarella di buffala. But one of the things I miss the most is being able to share my pictures and experiences with everyone. Ever since I've been back, my life's been lacking the kind of adventures that are part of a traveler's daily life; the adventures that fed my blog.

So I've decided to persist with my writings. I've started another blog where I will be blogging about more trivial things: music, inspiration, quotes and the like, but I thought I'd keep this blog going as my personal diary, a place that will hopefully help me find adventures and fulfillment in my life back at home (at least until I can depart on my next trip!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment