Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lady-in-Waiting

I have landed on European soil... well, not quite. I have arrived at the Frankfurt International Airport, but my flight to Naples doesn't leave until tomorrow morning. However, instead of booking a hotel or a hostel room like any normal person would do,  I've decided to challenge myself to spend the night at the airport–the entire 14 hour between my arrival this evening, and my departure for Naples, tomorrow morning at 7:25. To keep myself busy, I have the entire set of episodes (season 1 & 2) of Dead Like Me, The Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac and a book of crossword puzzles. I also have a neck cushion, and the blanket I stole from Air Transat. So begins the chronicles of the airport. Let's hope this lady-in-waiting does not become a damsel in distress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment