Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

On My Way

The day has already arrived! Today I am off to Italy, on another adventure. A car, a ferry, a bus, a skytrain, and a plane and I will be in Europe. Unfortunately for me, it will be a fourteen hour wait and another plane after that before I reach my final destination of Naples, Italy. However, for the price I paid for my tickets, I am not allowing myself to have any regrets.

Yesterday evening, in the midst of the packing mayhem, fate brought me together for a few meaningful hours with a very important friend, whom I hadn't seen in over a year. It felt somewhat like a stepping-stone; I'm really glad we had a chance to rekindle our friendship before my departure. She is definitely my âme-soeur (soul sister), and seeing her reminded me of who I was, and of how much I had missed her.


3:47 - Workstations, BC Ferries
I am currently on 'part two' of my transit, whiling away the hour-and-a-half ferry ride to Vancouver. So far so good, although I am already regretting bringing so many pairs of shoes! It is my first time traveling with a suitcase instead of a backpack, and I got carried away with the novelty of having more space than for just the bare necessities.

6:34 - Gate D73, Vancouver Airport
Getting here was easy, and I now have an hour wait before I can board my flight. Everything is dead quiet. Boo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment