Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Non Posso Crederci!

I can't believe I'm going to Italy in less than two weeks. Everything happened so fast, I did not take the time to truly consider if leaving was in fact a good idea. One minute, I was receiving the acceptance letter from a school in Perugia, with a scholarship covering the tuition of a month-long course, and the next, I was booking a flight from Vancouver to Frankfurt, with no clear idea of what I was going to do from there. Even with the scholarship, this trip seems like one of the most irrational things I have ever done*.

However, that does not stop me from being ecstatic, despite all the indications that suggest that right now is indeed one of the worse times to be leaving on a trip. Too late to backtrack now though; I did not buy flight cancellation insurance. Carpe Diem.

Worries aside, today has been a gorgeous day. A day of sunlight and stillness.
Of strawberries and bird songs.

And sibilance, it seems.

And there... perched atop a leafy tree in my neighbour's backyard, the first hummingbird of the season. But, I should get inside, before I look too lobster-ish. I prefer myself al dente than fully cooked, as do most people.


*Last year, to cure myself of a heartache, I undertook a voyage contestably just as inconsiderate. I left for Bolivia on my own, not knowing if the guy I had fallen in love with more than a year before (and hadn't seen since) was going to be waiting for me at the arrival gate. If he hadn't shown up, it would have been one of the biggest stand-up schemes in the history of dating–but he did although... the star-crossed lover ideal did not last more than a couple of weeks, after which, I was on my own again, but very much content with the fact). Point is, I managed to have a very good time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment